Wednesday, December 10, 2014

MADELINE'S CHRISTMAS

Last week Carol, Emily and I went to see Madeline's Christmas, performed by the Roanoke Children's Theater. While we always enjoy performances by young people, this one starred one of our favorite little girls.

I met Chloe when she was about 2. I was introduced to her Mom in our church fellowship hall after Sunday morning Mass. After saying, "Hello" to Mary I dropped down on my knees and said, "Who is that hiding behind your leg?"

Mary said, "That's Chloe. But she's really shy so don't take it personally when......." before she could finish 
her sentence, Chloe had climbed into my lap and put her arms around my neck.  Mary's eyes were the size of saucers. The mutual friend who had introduced us said, "Oh Mary, that's what happens when little kids meet Tom. I don't know what they see in him but it's pretty universal."

I stood up with Chloe still Koala-ing me. Mary said, "That's amazing."

 I said, "Yes, I am really Blessed. Little kids love me. Fortunately, I love them too. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to get rich from it."

Mary reached out and patted Chloe on the head and said, "Look me in the eye and tell me you're not rich."

I said, "I've been saying that for years and you're the first person to call me on it. OK, 'Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to make any money from it.' Is that better?"

She replied, "That's better. Because I could see from the look on your face that you are Blessed with riches."

Nine years later and I still am amazed at how God has Blessed me with the love of little ones.

Chloe is now a wonderfully talented Thespian.










 God is good. Every Day.


No comments: