Sunday, December 5, 2010

GATLINBURG - 2nd HONEYMOON

We drove to Galinburg on Saturday, July 24th. Got to the resort before check-in so we all went to the pool and enjoyed the mountain air.

There was a Magiquest in Gatlinburg, so the kids had another day of wizardry and spells.





When we were at Myrtle Beach, we told Emily and Andrew that "tourist things" could wait until Gatlinburg, where we had no ocean.

SO - next on the list was the Titanic Museum. At first I was disappointed when I learned that these weren't the people who had done the exploration and recovery diving. The artifacts were from survivors, families of those lost, and general debris found floating at the time of the wreck.

BUT - when I got inside and saw all of the information they had gathered, I really enjoyed it. Emily and Andrew really got into it also. They gave us each a ticket so that we entered as one of the passengers. Then we could go through the museum and see what happened to each of "us". The differences in the classes and what happened to them was particularly poignant.






We purchased tickets for "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". Again I went as a skeptic. I had seen the show on Broadway with the original cast and Carol had the CD with Donnie Osmond. So I really wasn't expecting what we saw and heard. Almost all of the performers sang better than on the CD. It really is a wonderful show. Lots of glitz and incredible talent.

The tickets were "two-fors" and for the second show, we picked "Magic Beyond Belief". And again, a great choice. We were all amazed. And got "up close and personal with the performers, human and animal.





The BIG promise to the kids was that we would go back to Dollywood. We had a wonderful time on our first trip in April of 2009 and everyone was looking forward to returning. AND a big bonus for me was that my grandson and son, Tyler and Adam could join us because Adam had moved to Knoxville. We had way too much fun to waste time taking pictures, but I had to post these -





Adam, Tyler and I went to Dollywood Splash Country for a fun and exhausting day. It was cut short by rain and this old man was thankful. When is somebody going to build a water slide with an elevator ?



Thank you Lindsay for meeting me in Bristol with Tyler. Thank you Adam for joining us - and for the wonderful lunch at Cheddar's.

Thank you God, for all my Blessings. My "old family" and my "new family". I never thought I'd be this happy again.

No comments: