Wednesday, September 10, 2008

LAST DAYS IN STATE COLLEGE - FOR NOW

It's going to be hard to leave Casey, Sarah and Ben. I've had a wonderful two months, seeing them every day. Providing some baby sitting, lots of transportation and having a great time playing, reading, walking to the parks, picking -and eating - blackberries.

Before I left, we had another great day, this time at Greenwood Furnace State Park.

Wow, what memories - it was where I went with friends 40+ years ago when I was at PSU.

As beautiful as I remembered.






Even though it was a hazy day, the sun was warm, the water was chilly and we were all kids again, for a little while.




On one of the last days was there, it actually rained and I had to go to town in the truck instead of riding the Honda. Tom took advantage of working from home and went out with the kids to play in the rain.







When I rode "up the mountain" to Seven Mountains Campground, a double rainbow greeted me at the top of the mountain. The second one is very faint - to the right of the primary one.




And it was still there when I got to the the Airstream. This picture is taken from my "living room".




What a great end for a wonderful visit.

Life is Good.

No comments: