Wednesday, March 19, 2008

THE RANCH

We survived packing and shipping all the stuff that we didn't sell at HAI. On Wednesday morning I took Sandra back to the airport. On the way back to the RV Park I picked up Bev at her hotel and she helped me pack up stuff in the Airstream, hook up to the truck, unhook water, electric, etc etc etc and get us on our way to our next stop.

Jack and Teen Corey own a beautiful ranch just north of Houston. She invited a bunch of us to spend a few days with her decompressing and five of us were able to take her up on it.

Bev, Ian Turner, Tina Schleidt, Pieter Sandor and I joined Teen, her mother and her Grandson Saylor. We partied, ate, and laughed 'til we hurt ourselves.

The Whirly Girl Men's Auxiliary - Houston contingency

Peter, Saylor, me and Ian




Cooking Breakfast




It's a Brave New World out there - Men cook and Women Fly - Teen and Tina




Sorry Guys, this is as close to Cheesecake as I could get - no cameras were allowed in the Jacuzzi area.


Tina and Teen's beloved "Charlie Tango"




And Bev




Teen has the most beautiful Jet Ranger in the world.




Everybody left over the weekend, Teen was leaving for CA on Tuesday and I pulled out Monday morning.

My plan to spend the spring in TX changed sometime during that week and I decided, homesick as a puppy, to head back to Salem, VA for Easter.

With a couple of stops on the way.

Life is good. But, right now at least, Home seems Best.

No comments: