Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Quiet Time in Christmas

It's 6:12 pm and I'm having trouble seeing well enough to type. The darned chlorine from the pool is really burning my eyes.

Hey, I earned a break. Yesterday was trailer and truck maintenance. Today's task was to empty the entire back of the truck , take out the carpet, vacuum truck and carpet and then put everything back. I don't know if it'll make a difference in mileage, but I must have vacuumed out 20 pounds of sand.

THEN I went for a swim in the pool. And it was delightful.

Tomorrow I'll take the stuff I've had in the trailer since last April and haven't worn/used to the truck. I'll either sell it a Flea Market that they hold at every Airstream Rally or I'll give it to Goodwill.

Decisions, decisions. A friend said when her sister culls, she looks at the item and thinks, "Is this something I would pay $2.50 for at Goodwill." If it isn't, she chucks it. I said, "Gosh, I'm just the opposite, I guess. If it's something I think I could buy at Goodwill for $2.50, that I haven't used in a year but might need someday, I chuck it and buy it at Goodwill when I need it."

Yesterday I did get to ride the Honda about 40 miles. In two separate round trips to the hardware store. I took a detour on one of the trips and found some wonderful Wildlife Reserves. Even the City of Titusville has a Blue Heron Reclamation Reserve - 300 acres IN the City Limits. See it here .

I didn't see a Heron, but it's a very pretty place, about 5 miles from here. I will go back and I WILL remember to take my camera next time.

I've been traveling with no plans further than a week in advance. I changed that last week when I planned to leave here for another Airstream Park in Melbourne. The "plan" was to stay there for two weeks, then go to St Augustine for two Airstream Rallies, back to back. Easter Week, followed by a large Region Rally. I paid for the Regional but the Easter one was full by the time I applied. You know my attitude - "Please put my name on the list. I KNOW I'll get in." I was a little surprised that I hadn't heard from them yet. Not panicked, just noticing that it was getting close and no word.

Yesterday I learned that a personal commitment requires me to be in Salem on Holy Thursday, April 5th. So I'm flying to Salem on April 2 and returning to FL on April 11. On the 12th I'll go to St Augustine, one day late, for the Region rally.

AND I haven't lost a sizable deposit to the Easter Rally people.

So much for planning. Why did I even wonder about not hearing from the Easter people?

Still learning, I guess.

See all you Salem/Roanoke friends soon !

No comments: